i wrote this a while ago for my verse with steadyreceive and i figured i’d post it since the kurodai tag needs a little love. sorry to mobile uses orz
love is a contact sport
word count: 1,582
summary: different ways of telling different people that he’s fallen and never really wants to get back up again
I understand that a lot of people enjoy writing shipfics where they transplant characters into a college setting. Since some writers may not be in college, or may have graduated a long time ago, I thought I’d offer a helpful list of realistic college meet not-so-cute scenarios. Forget baristas. This is where it’s at.
- I’m really passionate about this cause and I will give you this flier if I have to shove it down your throat
- vicious battle over the only left handed desk in the room
- my roommate’s boyfriend is staying over so can I please sleep on your floor
- it’s pouring and my final paper is in my backpack so I guess we’re stuck under this tiny awning together. do you think they’d deliver pizza here
- hey I have to photograph someone for class will you be my model
- hey I have to take someone’s blood pressure for class will you be my victim
- variations of the above
- I know I keep coming to the cookie shop and for some reason it’s always your shift but don’t you dare judge me I need these for my sanity
- all our friends are drunk
- it’s 3 am and I’m still in the library studying for finals and I’m losing my grip on reality and I think I just saw a ghost
- we’re the only two people in this club. what is this club even for
- humans vs zombies (see you can still have your zombie AU, best of both worlds)
- we’re the only people who ever talk in discussions it’s awful
- GROUP PROJECT
yes but consider this for your otp:
- being reunited after surviving the zombie apocalypse unknowing if the other was alive or dead AU
- rescuing their partner from a recon mission gone wrong AU
- drama school rivals being cast as romantic opposites because they have “crazy sexual tension” according to their director AU
- "are we both robbing the same house oh fuck" AU
- growing up together in a rough neighbourhood AU
- mutual friends always dragged to the same inane barbecues AU
HUGEASS LIST OF AUs
List of 100+ AUs below the cut! For all your writing and roleplaying needs
Can easily be adapted for rps with romantic and nonromantic characters, otp or ot3 or however many characters you want, and can also be a useful list for writers looking for situations to have their characters meet.
You can use the random generator here to get a number, if you want to write/draw/rp one at random!
- Deep conversations and wow i wonder what you look like under that scary mask AU
- Everyone thinks we came to this party as a couple because our costumes match what’s your name AU
- Babe i know it’s halloween but we have to take my little brother/sister trick or treating before we can go out AU
- Working together in a haunted house AU
- You’re dressed as a sexy cop and oh god please arrest me AU
- FUCK! YOU SCARED ME i’m so gonna get you back for that AU
- Carving pumpkins AU
- Working at a halloween store together wow try on his costume for me?? AU
- Dare you to walk through this haunted cemetery with me AU
- Ouija board thinks we should fuck AU
- Aren’t you a little old to be trick or treating?? AU
- This haunted house is terrifying please hold me AU
yes but consider ur fav ship
- making rly bad jokes rly at night and full on snort laughing w/ each other
- FIGHTING OVER BLANKETS IN BED
- 1 of them cooking dinner but its shit and the other totally taking the piss
- finding the song that’s /their song/ but its a rly bad song but they get emotional when it plays
- T A K I N G S E L F I E S
- borrowing each others clothes but they’re both different sizes (1 PRSN IN BAGGY TSHIRTS AND THE OTHR IN RLY TIGHT TROUSERS THAT DONT RLY BUTTON UP)
- going 2 see a movie but it’s shit and they shout at the screen and all the othr ppl in the cinema tell them to fuck off
- saving up and going 2 a fancy place for dinner but they cant pronounce the names of some of the dishes on the menu and its cute
- TRYING 2 BE REAL GROWN UPS WHO R RESPONSIBLE but they still eat kids cereal and get up early 2 watch cartoons
- having like week long arguments about rly silly shit like who would be a bettr astronaut or who would win in a fight between a dragon and a griffin
- generally being weird nerds
oh yes, i’m sorry to say but, i have a request in my inbox for oikage that i’ll be working on (a ddr one?) but after that i think i’ll be taking a break from oikage… i’m really sorry to those following me strictly for that…HOWEVER! i’ll be writing other ships and from other series, so if you care for those at all, then i’ll be glad to (attempt to) write them as long as i like them!
sometimes i write shit and i was really feeling kurodai and i don’t really know what this is i just know that kurodai rules my life now the thirst is real for this pair. please ignore my lame attempt at writing entirely self-indulgent fluff because i am lacking in that department in real life ahahaha
breathe in and don’t sigh
word count: 529
It’s quiet nights like this that Kuroo treasures the most.
He and Daichi had just gotten home from a late night at work and they had agreed to meet up for dinner. He can tell Daichi had had a bad day at work but he knew not to talk about it unless Daichi himself brought it up.
So they’d taken the train in mutual silence even though Daichi curled up the hem of his suit tightly in his hand and Kuroo was content with resting his head on Daichi’s shoulder.
a thousand miles from comfort (kurodai, implied)
summary: he stops at the edge of the cliff where the ocean calls his name, inviting him home, and the monster’s cry is but a memory when he jumps, knees drawn up to his chest, and waits for the waves to cradle him once more.
(loosely connected scenes based on terms from the “percy jackson and the olympians” series.)
ambrosia/nectar - the food of the gods; is able to cure almost any injury but is unattainable and lethal to mortals. only for emergencies; an extreme overdose of nectar can burn the demigod to ashes.
BIG FAT DOMESTICITY QUESTIONS MEME (ETA: I ADDED SOME MORE)
Do we all agree that thinking about your ship being domestic is hnnnnnng? Ok. And I want to do an askbox meme. But I don’t like all the questions from the two usual domesticity memes. SO I compiled both, reorganized the questions, took away repeats, tweaked some of them, and added more questions that I thought of, and you should feel free to reblog or message me with more questions to add to the list, and then also ask me ships with a question’s number and we can all drown in domestic feelings.
Because domesticity, is why.
- how did they first kiss?
- who flirts more?
- how did the relationship start?
- how did they start living together? do they move? how do they choose the place?
- do they have roommates?
- do they get married (or equivalent)?
- do they have kids?
- do they have pets?
- do they act different in public and at home?
- big spoon/little spoon?
- sleeping habits?
- favorite non-sexual activity?
- favorite sexual activity?
- how often do they have sex?
- what habits of the other drives them crazy?
- how often do they fight?
- most trivial thing they fight over?
- who uses all the hot water?
- who does most of the cleaning?
- what do they watch on tv and do they fight for the remote?
- who calls up the super/landlord when the heat’s not working?
- who answers the phone?
- who steals the blankets?
- who remembers things?
- who does the groceries?
- who cooks normally?
- who leaves their stuff lying everywhere?
- what kind of stuff can be found around their place?
- what do their cupboards or shelves look like?
- what does their closet(s) look like?
- what do they do when they’re away from each other?
- do they have nicknames or pet names for each other?
- how do they refer to the other in public? how do other people refer to the other? (i.e. “my partner”, “ask your father”, ”dad and papa”, ”how’s your wife?”, etc)
- who is more likely to pay for dinner?
- how often do they go on dates?
- typical date night? out or at home?
- do they celebrate birthdays, valentine’s day, anniversaries?
- what would they get each other for gifts?
- how do they spend christmas and new year’s (or equivalent family gatherings)?
- who cusses more?
- what would they do if the other one was hurt?
- what are little gestures they do for each other?
- do they know how the other takes their coffee/tea?
- do they feel they see each other enough, or do they have activities that take too much of their time?
- do they friend/follow each other on facebook/tumblr/livejournal/skype/etc?
- (added) morning routine?
- how do they make up after a fight?